The Volvo VNR represents the future of regional haul. This truck does not compromise, delivering productivity and efficiency with quality and long-haul amenities.
The new Volvo VNR features a dramatic new exterior that’s impossible to ignore. Distinctive contours enhance airflow, while state-of-the-art LED lighting provides improved visibility and reduced maintenance.
Which VNR is right for your business?
It’s time to meet the family.
A daycab model delivers the maximum in payload and maneuverability, while sleeper models add efficiently configured accommodations for regional routes that stretch beyond day’s end. A flat-roof sleeper is perfect for flatbed and tanker applications, and the mid-roof sleeper offers extra room for multi-day runs.
The cab of the VNR 300 brings precise refinement of the driving environment to a lightweight, efficient daycab. The cab interior is thoughtfully organized to keep daily-route drivers productive, comfortable, and happy.
With a 42-inch flat-roof sleeper, the VNR 400 is well-suited for overnight, regional bulk-haul applications where overall height is a consideration. By packaging an efficient sleeper into a compact BBC, the VNR 400 maintains maximum maneuverability for busy loading sites or industrial deliveries.
When home-time stops are fewer and farther between on your regional routes, the 61-inch midroof sleeper on the VNR 640 provides extra room for catching up on paperwork or relaxing, and ample storage to keep your living area organized. And with a short BBC, the VNR still maintains excellent maneuverability.
Raise your expectations.
A lift axle solution for 6x2 tractor configurations is perfect for regional applications. Volvo’s Adaptive Loading is designed to help trucks run at peak fuel efficiency and performance every mile of every haul. It senses weight differentiation and automatically lifts the axle to reduce friction and save fuel.
Efficiency Runs in the Family
Volvo's family of engines is built on a foundation of proven, developed architecture that leverages innovative hardware to maximize efficiency.
An automated manual transmission with digital intelligence
Volvo has made the industry's most advanced automatic transmission even better. The latest edition of the I-Shift includes upgraded hardware and software, greater durability and a new countershaft brake for improved performance and smoother shifting.
Ten reasons to love the Volvo VNR.
1. Forward collision warning. A warning light flashes into the windshield to alert drivers prior to automatic braking being activated.
2. Short, sloped hood and superior maneuverability. The VNR’s sloped hood optimizes visibility, while a BBC as short as 113” maximizes maneuverability.
3. LED headlights. All VNR models feature LED high/low beam headlights, plus LED turn, marker, and parking lamps.
4. Volvo Active Driver Assist. Able to control the truck’s throttle and brakes, Volvo Active Driver Assist helps drivers maintain a safe following distance.
5. Position PerfectTM steering wheel. The VNR features a new three-motion tilt/telescope steering wheel that tilts in relation to the column.
6. Redesigned dashboard. A well-organized dashboard combines easy-to-read gauges, a five-inch color driver information display, and accessible controls.
7. Upgraded interior. The VNR driving environment has been refined to meet the needs of today’s drivers. An optional built-in refrigerator under the passenger seat provides driver-accessible cold storage.
8. Refined seating. The Volvo VNR’s seating benefits from refined design, placement, adjustment, and control access.
9. Volvo I-Shift. Volvo’s automated manual I-Shift transmission reduces fatigue and keeps the driver focused on surrounding traffic.
10. Adaptive Loading. A lift axle solution for 6x2 tractors, Adaptive Loading helps trucks run efficiently every mile of every haul.